Home    Subscribe    Write for Us    FAQ    Contact    HubGarden    Login

What legal assistance is available to women?

by Ivana Katz (follow)
Ivana is passionate about travel, writing, photography and website design. Visit her at: www.adventurehq.com.au
Law (27)      Divorce (11)      Legal Advice (3)      Make a Will (1)      Power of Attorney (1)     
Whether you are starting a new business, having problems with your neighbours, wanting to make a will or to start divorce proceedings, where do you go for help?

legal advice, lawyer, family law, women's legal services

There are many different types of law and you may need advice from a specialised lawyer, but where do you even start looking?

Most legal services can be expensive, so if you have found a service or a resources that is affordable for women, please share it below.

#Legal Advice
#Make a Will
#Power of Attorney
I like this Question - 5
Ask and answer questions for a share of ad revenue - click here
[ Submit an Answer ]
Top Answers
Legal assistance can be obtained for free from local legal centres. These legal centres are usually government funded and employs qualified lawyers to offer free legal advice to members of the public. There are also several lawyers who work pro bono and offer free legal advice in these legal centres.

Federation of Community Legal Centres is the one stop shop to find legal centres in your locality. The website is as bellow:

One thing I found when trying to get an answer to a legal question relating to a business is that this is something that Legal Aid does not cover. However, there is a great website, where you can get answers to your legal questions from Australian lawyers for very little money - http://www.justanswer.com
Legal aid is what would come to mind; otherwise I trust myself, as I did work with the law in the past. Doing the latter has not failed me in my business, and when dealing with substantial contracts.
Is South Australia, the Legal Services Commission offers a free Legal Advice line (you can Google this). Often local women's services (domestic violence services, health centres etc) can refer you on to someone or even have their own professional legal person available to help you. If all else fails, call the Law Society in your state, they can refer you on.
More Questions by Ivana Katz
view all questions by Ivana Katz
Articles by Ivana Katz on Other Hubs
The Basin is located on the west side of Pittwater and overlooks Barrenjoey Head
My Google Plus Profile
ID: 3675
Trending Questions
Health (523)
Life (383)
Parenting (216)
Beauty (142)
Food (698)
Travel (244)
Money (149)
Fitness (60)
Career (59)
Lifestyle (334)
Family (309)
Fun (277)
Children (252)
Home (187)
Shopping (184)
Personal (177)
Cooking (175)
Fashion (139)
Christmas (129)
Animals (118)
Wellbeing (113)
Kids (112)
Social (107)
Work (104)
Sleep (90)
Holiday (90)
Clothes (89)
Ethics (86)
Love (84)
Fruit (82)
Music (77)
Hobbies (76)
Body (69)
Healthy (64)
Silly (64)
Friends (64)
Advice (63)
Reading (63)
Hair (56)
Car (55)
Books (55)
School (54)
Nature (53)
Movies (53)
Women (53)
Medical (52)
Copyright 2012-2021 OatLabs ABN 18113479226. mobile version