I have a few nice scented ones but I do not often light them.
I have an acquaintance who lights candles all around every night! I find that a bit bizzare to have many candles burning.
If I light one, it is only one at a time and currently I have Patchouli which I love the smell of.
Not often, more for special occasions. I like scented ones, but the smoke they give off is bad for you (even when you can't see it) so best used in moderation. It's kind of like passive smoking, stuff other than air is going into your lungs which is never good.
I used to light many of them around the house coming up to Christmas to set the festive spirit but have lately been a bit wary of open flames in the house even though they are all in fancy little holders. Perhaps that's a function of getting a bit older; worrying about htings that never used to matter.
I have some lovely ones I received as gifts which are way too pretty to light so each year I put hem out as decorations.
I have a lot of beautiful smelling candles, but I light them only occasionally. Sometimes I will light them if people come over, or if I want some mood lighting. I used to light them all the time, but whilst they smelled lovely, sometimes the smell was a bit over powering.
I love lighting a candle in our living room and do it often (not every day though). I love the soft glow and beautiful fragrance emanating from it in the evenings. It just lightens my mood and makes me feel good. It is also awesome for the decor. I loved the mango fragrance that I once got, it always made me mouth water.
We light a candle or two if we are having a date night ie put the kids to bed and eat dinner alone followed by chocolate strawberries for dessert. The company, ambience with candles and music makes it special.
I have some beautiful fragrant candles which I light often. Most have a burn rate of 60 hours so they are good value for money. I use them in the bathroom as the smell fills my hallways and family room and people often ask me what the lovely "spray" I've used is called. I don't like the soy candles as the fragrances don't seem as nice as the ones I use.
As much as I love candles to give our home a lovely atmosphere. The risk of fire (how many times you hear a house burned down because of a lit candle) I will not burn any. It is just something that I would forget to check before going to bed. Not worth it. Will do it with a few lights around the room.
No, I never light scented candles, as I don't have anywhere to put them, but with the tall thin ones we use for the odd black out, we do somehow find a space to put it! I have a friend who loves candles & loves the colour purple, so she's easy to buy presents for!
Last night was Earth Hour 2018, so we did the candle thing for 3 hours instead of 1 hour, because we noticed a lot of people in our street didn't turn off their lights for Each Hour. I don't even think it was mentioned on the news the previous evening! This year it was for the tortoises in Q'ld!
Well thank you Jennifer, I had to "google" candle smoke being bad! And yes, there are many toxins in candles particularly the cheaper ones. Stick to beeswax and soy google said. Mostly I don't like the smells from candles anyway and after my mum nearly burned the house down I rarely light a candle and then under close scrutiny!