I won't use it in my house. If if it doesn't cause any obvious physical reaction immediately most insect repellents are highly toxic. I try to avoid bugs by keeping my house clean and using natural, preferably organic, alternatives.If you look online there are various eco friendly alternatives to the yukky poisonous stuff.
It does, soe sprays more than others. I prefer to leave a room for a while after I've sprayed just to give the air a while to clear. Because I find it so uncomfortable myself I would not want to spray near children or pets.